In Unlock 3 of the COVID-19, the Government has allowed gyms to operate. Gyms will re-open from August 5. However, under the unlock 3 guidelines, Metro Rail, cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls, etc. will still remain shut. Night curfew will also be removed from August 1. In this regard, a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) for ensuring social distancing and to contain the spread of COVID-19. “The process of phased re-opening of activities has been extended further. The new guidelines are based on feedback received from states and UTs, and extensive consultations held with related central ministries and departments,” the MHA said.
However, before you rush to gyms to shed those extra kilos that you gained while staying at home for the last five months, it is important to know the precautions that need to be taken. We have listed some precautionary measures that you should take if you are going to the gym.
- Do not forget to wear a mask before venturing out. We tend to take breathe faster while exercising, hence, it is advisable not to wear a mask during working out as it can lead to breathing issues.
- Don’t use a towel provided at the gym. Take your own. Use sweatband and gloves. If you are not using gloves while working out, then sanitise the equipment before touching it. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose while you are in the gym.
- You can also ask the staff to sanitise the gym equipment in front of you.
- If anyone in the gym is not following social distancing protocol or looks ill, inform the authorised person as soon as possible.
- Most importantly, take a prior appointment with your trainer so that you don’t have to wait.
- Make sure to sanitise your hand after getting out of gym. As soon as you enter your home, head straight to the bathroom. Wash your hand for 20 seconds with soap, wash your mask and take bath before doing household chores. Maintain a distance from your family members until you take a bath.