To request a verified badge, you must be a public figure, celebrity or brand and meet certain account and eligibility requirements.
To request a verified badge:
- Make sure you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile by tapping in the bottom right.
- Tap in the top right.
- TapSettings > Account > Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID).
Keep in mind that even if your account is eligible for verification, submitting a request doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified. Learn what happens after you apply for verification.
What happens after I apply for a verified badge on Instagram?
Instagram will never request payment for verification or reach out to ask you to confirm your verification.
Once we review your request, you’ll receive a notification letting you know if your account has been verified or not. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request after 30 days.
Keep in mind that Instagram can remove verified badges at any time, and may take away your badge or disable your account if you:
- Advertise, transfer or sell your verified badge.
- Use your profile picture, bio or name section to promote other services.
- Attempt to verify your account through a third party.
If your account doesn’t have a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know you’re authentic. For example, you can link to your Instagram account from your official website, Facebook Page, YouTube or Twitter account.